Environment Management Systems (EMS)
ISO 14001 is slowly becoming the world's most up and coming international standard. Environmental impacts, global
warming and local environmental issues are now on the news regularly or every other day.
It is everyone's job to look after the environment, in order to make it a better place for us, and for future
generations….what is your business doing to limit its environmental impact?
ISO 14001 or an Environment Management System (EMS) is a tool for managing the impacts of an organization's
activities on the environment. It is a pro-active approach, and allows business to consider environmental
issues before they become a problem.
ISO 14001 exists to allow businesses to establish those operations that have a negative impact on the environment
and to minimize these as determined necessary.
Thus it can be a powerful tool for businesses to both improve their environmental performance, and enhance their business efficiency.
What are the benefits to having ISO 14001?
- *It is cost effective - reduces utility bills and waste streams.
- *Higher control of risk and better planning.
- *Ensures compliance with environmental legislation.
- *Builds awareness of environmental concern amongst employees.
- *Improved corporate image with customers and the public.
- *Reduce environmental liability.